This post will contain a quick notes on using SD cards in embedded systems.
NTFS vs FAT32 vs exFAT – Everything You Need To Know
– native disk max size is 32GB,
– max file size 4GB
– disk sizes in peta/exabytes,
– files larger than 4GB,
– RaspberryPi can’t boot from exFAT
– 16 exabytes max file size,
– includes permissions, compression, encryption.
– includes storing metadata about files, files are not physically deleted (just marked as deleted).
– journaling – history of operations on files in case data corruption (exFAT also has this function), not supported on SD cards.
-on macOS and Linux only read is supported, NTFS-3G will support read and write.
all developed by Microsoft
SD cards up to 2GB, FAT32
SDHC cards up to 32GB, FAT32
SDXC cards up to 2TB, exFAT